Monday, January 2, 2012

From Estonia with love

Reference photos for these sketches can be found on an amazing motorcycle ride report:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480532
A young couple from Estonia took a motorcycle trip around the world.  It took them several years, and they kept a blog on the Adventure riders website.  Margus and Karlina traveled 170,000 km over 1,126 days, and traveled through 70 countries.  The photographs are what dazzled me - the quality, and the content - they have fantastic images of people, places and things they encountered.  I do not presume that my sketches are anywhere close to the quality of their photos, just that I was touched by them.  So, here are a couple - just a start.  I received their permission to post these.
If you have some time, stop by and read their report - you won't be bored!
Ship on dry land, Cap Blanc, Mauritania

Mexico, San Cristobal de las casas native

Another sketch from their fantastic photos...
Turkana tribeswoman in Kenya

3 comments:

Johan said...

Just offering a helping hand... the advrider link above isn't correct.
Try this one instead: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480532

Claire M said...

Wonderful 'people' sketches! I'm always so intimidated at the thought of capturing a person. These look so relaxed. Very nice.

ArtbyBernadette said...

Thank you Claire! I having been having more fun than I thought I would. It was intimidating at first, now I'm starting to get the 'feel' of things. Also, I don't publish the ones that came out too terrible!