Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 28 - Can't stop sketching these! Why am I?

More sketches from this amazing rider report. Love the brilliant saffron of the monk's robes!
Thought I'd show the original photos with my sketches this time.

I suppose some of you are wondering, why does she keep painting from someone else's photos? She's never been to these places, she doesn't have a motorcycle (anymore).  She surely doesn't enjoy roughing it. 
Well, when I started reading their posts, their love of what they were doing was what made their photos so attractive.  Their passion about riding around the world, and sticking to it somehow came through and reached out and grabbed my attention.  The colors and composition, sure, but what I paint from these is a feeling.  Maybe that's why it's mostly people that I've used as reference.
So enough philosophizing, I'll get more done soon!  And, I promise to go through their report again and review all of these, so I can add where they were taken and any other specifics.
If you haven't yet read their ride report, at least scan through a page or two.  You will get an idea of the passion that was with them on their adventure.

Reference photos for these sketches can be found on this motorcycle ride report:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480532 (Thanks for sharing!)

Monk in saffron color robes - Phnom Penh, Cambodia - Buddhist Monk with umbrella
Malaysia, east coast - Muslim school girls

Sumatra - Women walking on beach








No comments: